Water Cleanup of Flooded, San Antonio Homes, is Fast with SERVPRO
It Pays to Hire SERVPRO for Water Cleanup of your Flooded San Antonio Home
Flooding after a storm can create a terrible situation for any homeowner. If water cleanup of your San Antonio home does not happen fast, the contaminated flood water can quickly cause irreparable damage. Hiring professionals like SERVPRO with the experience and training to deal with such situations can help you quickly restore your home to its preloss condition.
SERVPRO techs use a multi-step strategy during the water cleanup of your San Antonio property, which ensures a fast and efficient restoration. Some of the essential steps include the following:
- Establishing engineering controls
- Extracting water and removing bulk material
- Providing humidity control
- Carry out controlled demolition, if required
- Dispose of the waste
- Cleaning Salvageable Material During Flood Restoration
SERVPRO techs clean and decontaminate the material exposed to floodwater. Different materials are cleaned using various techniques. Some of the ways in which SERVPRO techs clean surfaces after flooding due to a storm include the following:
- Techs use HEPA vacuum to remove dry particles adhering to the surfaces like drywall.
- Structural components, including wall and floor surfaces, are cleaned with a pressure wash if contamination is absent.
- Most remaining materials, such as wood and concrete, are wet cleaned using detergent cleaning agents.
Once the cleaning is complete, SERVPRO techs use EPA-approved biocides to disinfect the cleaned surfaces. We always take your consent before applying chemical biocides and disinfectants during the restoration process.
SERVPRO techs dispose of wastewater according to local guidelines and regulations. Techs double bag all the contaminated porous material in 6-mil polyethylene bags before disposing of them. Once the restoration is complete, SERVPRO techs clean the tools and equipment with EPA-registered disinfectant.
Call SERVPRO of Braun Station at (210) 267-2159 for a fast and efficient water restoration of your flooded home.